Friday, December 18, 2009

Preservering

We are continuing to make it through each day with small victories and alternating setbacks. The last 48-hours has been one of those fussy, eating every other hour and not sleeping type days. Copious amounts of spit-up and screams of pain from John. I think the poor guy has a little reflux going on. This has been something of a struggle here and there for several weeks, wondering if his reflux warrants medications. I finally took the plunge and scheduled a doctors appointment on Monday to check the growth and talk to my doctor about trying a low-dose of zantac to see if that minimizes screaming.

As for breastfeeding, it seems to vary per day. I mostly exclusively BF except when I am working, then of course pump and give bottles. However, some days, such as today, it seems the boys are not content after feedings. A nice weigh-in would help assure my confidence.

Otherwise, I am coming to the realization that we are not out of survival-mode territory. Until more regularity of naps and feedings are established it is just about living in the hour. However, I will say my toddler has settled quite a bit and seems more adjusted to life with babies. I think 'life-without-babies' is starting to fade into a dim memory of the past. For all of us.

2 comments:

  1. I love Zantac... relieves my heartburn, hope I can also take it to relieve my heartache! LOL Got it online at www.medsheaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Zantac. The best that I've tried so far. No side effects. You can buy it online from www.medsheaven.com

    ReplyDelete