Friday, November 20, 2009

Back At It!

Here I am back at work after a 16-week whirl-wind away. At least I have time to blog again now :)

To be honest I was not too broken up heading into work tonight. As some know, I work night-shifts in an ER (just two nights a week), and so my return to work does not feel nearly as upsetting as when I returned to work for a 9-5, m-f job when my first daughter was three months.

Our little babies are doing wonderfully though, but are not completely without issue. There are some things going on, though they are minor. One being weight-gain. It was such an issue with my first daughter, I had difficulty breastfeeding with milk production and she had a slow time gaining. Similarly these guys are remaining peanuts, inflicting doubt in my confidence at breastfeeding. At work I hit the pump, but when I am with them I am trying to keep up the nursing as best I can. We have not yet turned that corner where it becomes a bit easier, but I can see the gains we have made so I am not throwing the towel in yet!

Although these are my special little guys, I have to admit they are getting the '2nd-child treatment' when it comes to picture-taking! I am just way too busy to remember to occasionally pick up a camera!

But I do have this one recent shot, (the classic swaddled, cuddling position :)

No comments:

Post a Comment