Friday, August 28, 2009

Discharge Day?

I am hoping we all go home today. Since my first episode of pre-term labor, I have been increasingly concerned about potential health issues if the boys come early. It has been my biggest hope that we could all leave the hospital together and not have to leave one or both behind. Two things right now are potential obstacals to that occuring. One is they nurses of the NICU have not yet conducted the "Car Seat Challenge" test--which sounds like some kind of baby gladiator competition, but in reality is a test to monitor their oxygen levels while they are in the carseat to ensure they can breathe adequately. If they do not pass, they have to spend 24 hours in the NICU and then get tested again. I have been asking over and over when this test will happen as I cannot be discharged until it is done and now we are going into the early hours of the morning, so it may prolong things a bit.

The other potential complication is that Walter is boarderline jaundiced right now and if he requires phototherapy, it may need to occur in the hospital.

Meanwhile I am feeling great, rested and ready to move these boys home! I know for certain that I am discharged today so I just have to sit tight a few more hours until we learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment