Monday, July 20, 2009

I don't even know what to call this...

Today I was officially "scaling back" on naked time so as to not distress my daughter. Right after she woke from her nap, she she was playing with her blocks and still in her pull-ups from the nap. She started running around in her anxious pre-bathroom way saying: "poop coming!" I gently reminded her where her potty was and asked her if she wanted Mommy to sit with her and help her go, she said "no" so I stayed where I was, didn't push it and eventually she went. Then of course didn't want to change out of her pull-up.

Later on after a trip to the park where she played in the fountain and got soaking wet we were at home and she said: "naked naked!" After not long it was apparent she wanted to pee and sat on the potty and went. Not much drama. I certainly had not intended to do any kinda of potty stuff today but it seems I have just opened the door and will just follow her interest from this point as it develops.

I just don't know what to call this--am I potty training, no, not like I was last week. But I guess as I said before it is a process so I will just ride with it and take turn this week following her lead.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for PT. At least she is showing interest in it and doing good!! Stopping in from Multiples & More to say Hi! Your daughter is very cute!

    ReplyDelete