Sunday, July 26, 2009

How did this happen?

After a week of "scaling back" on naked time and really de-escalating potty-talk, my daughter is virtually potty-trained! She now announces her poo's and "big pee!" So long as we are indoors at home, in trainers or out, she is using the potty like a pro. What we don't have down--more to my own not knowing what to do--is how to not rely on trainers going out. I can't bring her potty to the park and I don't know how to teach her how to squat in the bushes. But I am amazed and proud of her achievements as they are so maybe we will just hold here for a while and see where it goes. Stickers seem to have helped reward her a little and she is quite proud when she goes. I am just amazed she made such progress in such a short amount of time. Like so many other aspects in motherhood--toilet training has been full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment